Sunday, July 02, 2006

What Would You Say????

A line from that song comes to my head when I think of posting. There are SO many things that I want to say and talk about, but I can't until things settle down and people move on.

Of course, by then I will have moved on as well. For the most part, I've "pretty much" been in transition mode since the middle of last summer when Hurricane Rita hit the Texas Gulf Coast. By the end of last year I was already there. The only time my mind wanders back to that dark place is when little, inconsequential things come up.

So, for the longest time I've been self sensoring over here on the blog as to not cause trouble. I'm doing my dead level best, but I thought that maybe my loyal readers might be wondering if I just got tired of blogging or if I've just gotten lazy.

Well, I HAVE been busier now than I was when I started this whole process, so I'm not on the computer near as much as I was. I've been watching the baby and having the boy in school, so that took up much of my time. The boy has learned to use the WWW (with guidelines and supervision); add that AND the other stuff and you've got days out of the week where I don't hardly get a chance to look at the computer much less touch it.

Then of course, there is the journey to making me half the woman I used to be. Especially since I'm not using any miracles of modern science to help me, just good old fashioned hard work and sweat! That takes some time out of the day. I've gotten a nice large chunk of that taken care of, which I am proud of myself for doing. I hate to admit it, but Oprah is right on this one, you just have to make the decision to do it and stick to it.

It's been pretty interesting, my family has always been on the "curvier" side. Even when we girls weren't just huge, we still had curves. Now all three of us sisters are in the process of losing the extra pounds and, just coincidently, we all have long hair. The hair is easy enough to explain, we're all broke and can't afford haircuts.

Next year is my 20th High School Reunion. I'd like to go back as most changed. There was a lady I graduated with who had the typical "country look" in H.S. She had pretty, but frizzy hair and bangs. A really cute girl that didn't wear much make-up. She looked sweet and WAS sweet. I liked her very much. When she came back for the 10 year reunion, she was coiffed and polished to the hilt. Her look had changed, but she was still the sweetest girl. She was voted most changed.

Even if nobody notices my transformation, I'll still be happy with what I've done for myself and for my family. I've finally realised that they need me and actually WANT me around for the long haul and I want to be there for all of the years that God has to bless me with. I'm glad that I have finally figured out that I am worthy of a healthy body and a healthy body image. Geeze, it's only taken 37 years for me to figure this out. I really thought that I was a faster learner than this, but there it is, and there you have it.

This is why I've been so lax in my duties to provide you with interesting reading. Hopefully, I'll be able to get excited enough to write about other things such as politics and religion, but until that time comes, I'll just be boring old me.

Love to you all. mhn for short.

8 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

I have been lax in my blogging as well. Sometimes we just need change. I am very happy for you and your weight loss!
Are you on any particular diet? I sooo need to do this myself.

Keep up the good work Mhn :O)

9:51 PM  
Blogger David said...

I missed it, why are you not blogging like you used to? Just kidding of course!! Glad to hear things are going good!

6:22 AM  
Blogger Jacob Spradlin said...

I think we are all in summer haiitus mode. Keep up the hard work! It is worth it!

11:36 AM  
Blogger M said...

Just hard work. I've gotten to the point where I get grumpy if I don't have my walk.

Dave~ get's a *friendly punch in the arm*(much like the ones I give MY Dave) ;-) and a big grin!

Hey Jake! Yep, I'm gearing up for the boy starting the Vanguard program at HISD. I was told today that even the Kinders have tons of homework. Better clean off the dining room table so he'll have a place to work...

12:19 PM  
Blogger serendipity said...

Hey, we're back!!

4:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

Welcome back newlywed!! Coming over right now!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

you are a great person who I'm sure has changed if not too much in looks (tho i don't really know) I'm sure in human growth of spirit. But then again, you were always probably a great person.

I can't wait till my 10th...I hope we have one...it'll be next year if we do....I haven't heard anything yet of course. I want to see how we all turned out.

11:57 AM  
Blogger M said...

According to my year books I must have been. Those people, in school, knew the real me. I wasn't sophisticated enough back then to hide the real me.

Now that I am grown, it seems that by trying to bend myself over backward to spare other peoples feelings, I have been wrongly accused of being mean, immature and abusive.

Since I am now being more true to myself these days, I don't really give a rip anymore about what others think of me and I seem to be getting back to that great person I was when my husband fell in love with me.

He's happy, I'm happy & the boy is thriving and happy. Can't ask for any more than that in this life. :-)

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home