Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Year Ago

I remember that a year ago I was totally interested in politics and what was going on around the world. This year, I can't be arsed enough to look at the news, much less get excited enough to write something about it.

I do still have a major issue with being "politically correct". This was and always will be bullocks! Jesus Christ! Say what is really on your mind and if you are an ass and proven wrong by a person with a decent argument for their side of things, then admit your error and move on.

There are so many things that I had a passion for a while back. I have a beautiful cross stitch that I've been working on for years now. I can't bring myself to finish it. I really need to get it done because it is a wedding gift. It's rather embarassing. The couple have been married for a few years and now have a baby. I'm 3/4 the way finished and I want to do it, but other things just seem to get in the way. I am ashamed that it is taking me so long to get this project done. I don't want to just scrap it and not finish it. I like to complete my projects and move on to something else. I just don't know why this one has me so befuddled.

I used to care about the world and all of the causes. Now I'm doing good to get out of bed. BTW: 5 AM walks switched to afternoon and evening walks. Hopefully, those will get back on track after the other baby starts going to her permanent childcare facility.

I am having a really hard time with the fact that the boy will be starting Kindergarten next week. I feel like he is being taken away from me. I know that is completely irrational, but that's just how I feel. He's not even at school yet and I already miss him.

I also have a new voice student starting in a couple of weeks. I know we need the money, but I'm not all that sure I want to teach voice for now. We'll give it a go, but I'm not really looking forward to it. Perhaps that will change once I meet the little girl who I will be teaching.

I don't even want to sing in the choir this year. I always used to look forward to choir season, but the past couple of years have had me drained. The hubby will be working Sundays and choir always sings both services on Sunday. That's really too much for a 5-6 year old child to have to sit through. Also, the hubby will have classes on T-Th. Practise is on Thursday evenings and eventhough I'm sure my mil would be willing to keep the boy while I practise, but I don't want him to have to stay up so late on a school night.

I've been keeping up with the walk because I like what it is doing to my body. If I could get the same results by laying on the couch, you know I'd rather be there. I am mentally drained and just want to sleep for days on end.

Hopefully this situation will rectify itself, but until then I will press on putting one foot in front of the other, just like mom taught us to do.

8 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

Sounds like your plate is full and then some...but change is good.

I bet Owen is real excited :)

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damm woman you are reading my mind. I have been feeling this for a while. My malaise exibits itself by playing Halo 2 online until 2 am then struggling to get up for work at 8. I am not putting on weight. I physically cannot apparently but i want to go to the gym.

I sympathize, just hang on there and put your head down and walk through the rain.

9:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yep, Owen is really excited, but he did admit that he was nervous. I told him that everything would be ok. We are going to meet his teacher tomorrow. Then Saturday we will have a meet and greet with the kids in his class.

I found out today that the baby that I've had for almost a year will need a feeding tube and is getting it put in today in his tummy. It's been kind of a pensive day.

Thanks Elohlae. Hopefully, your malaise will work itself out as well. I think that if I went to sleep on time, then my mood would lift somewhat. It's crazy what the right amount of sleep can do. *holding out my hand so we can walk through the rain together* :-)

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hand outstretched and walking. :)

10:18 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

soudnds like you are going thru a mild depression -- this too shall pass. Just muddle thru it.

And I'll sing along with ya
"put one foot in front of the other
and soon you'll be walking cross the floo-oo-rr
put one foot in front of the other
and soon you'll be walking out the door!"

k nuff silliness for now.

2:02 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks E. & Rowan :-) It's nice to have friends to commisserate with. Love you guys!

4:58 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

'If at first you don't succeed, give up'.

Homer Simpson.

2:24 PM  
Blogger M said...

No kidding, Garfer.

Sometimes I think it would be better to quit, but it would just be giving in to the worst part of human nature and I'm not willing to do that right now. :-)

Love ya, Man!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home