Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Lately...

Lately, I've been hooked on the series "Little House on the Prairie". I used to watch it every week when I was a kid in the late 70'- early 80's. I find that now as I watch the shows I catch much more of what was going on than I ever did as a child.

Now the boy watches them with me and enjoys the series just as much as I do. It makes me want to go get the books that the series is based on by Laura Ingles Wilder and read them in order. I have the paperback of "Little House on the Prairie" and as soon as I finish reading "Everyone Worth Knowing" by Lauren Weisberger (who also wrote a little known book "The Devil Wears Prada") I'll probably switch over to the Wilder books.

As you can tell from the statements above, I did finish reading The Devil Wears Prada. Great read!! Go pick it up! If you must see the movie, I suggest that you see the flick BEFORE reading the book. I have been told that the movie is quite different from the book.

The hubby no longer wishes to see the movie, but I do. I just adore Meryl Streep AND Anne Hathaway. Oh well, we'll see if I get to have some mhn time or if the hubby will decide to see the movie afterall.

7 Comments:

Blogger Peevish McSnark said...

I have to get the book! I really liked the movie. It's one of the few that I've seen before I've read the book. I'm glad to see you've recommended seeing the movie beforehand.

In my opinion, the movie's worth seeing, even if it is different. Meryl Streep is amazing.

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have not inflicted my kids with little house on the prairie, not that i was not a fan of the show... i wasnt, but i just havent shown them yet. I have chosen to inflict my kids with the music I grew up with though. I did it in a vain attempt so that i could have all my music playing in each room in the house... great plan huh!! anyway all that has happened is that my entire collection is scattered through the entire house in different rooms, my cds are scratched, however luckily the vinyl stuff is still in one place.

my bad..

12:35 AM  
Blogger M said...

The hubby's mom is coming back into town after an extended stay away, so I'm hoping that we'll get to it this weekend. Her other book, "Everyone Worth Knowing" is pretty good too. I'm at chapter nine.


The boy likes our music, which he is forced to listen to in the car. Our motto for radio stations in the car is "Happy Driver, Happy Car!", so whoever is driving gets to choose the music. We've recently gone to buying from iTunes rather than cd. I'm loving it because it's all stored in the same place without taking up extra space! :-D

6:57 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

The Little House series is wonderful. My son was addicted to them a couple of years ago and I couldn't get him to put them down. Go get them and read them out loud to your boy.

11:19 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks April! That souns like a good deal. :-)

9:12 AM  
Blogger P-Ratt said...

I absolutely loved that show growing up but haven't bought it for the kids to watch...(no cable here). I've bought half of the books now as an adult and would recommend the Full Color Collector's Edition books instead of the cheap newsprint versions. They are simply beautiful.

But I was amazed when I re-read them as an adult. They pretty much address every issue that we have now in our society. Wow.

4:45 AM  
Blogger M said...

I'll have to look for them at 1/2 price books. They usually have a good selection of collectors books on the cheap. I noticed the other day while watching that the storyline seemed rather up-to-date. It's like I've always said, "Times change, People don't."

I've missed you Mollo!!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home