Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Friday Night Fun on a Monday Night!

Well, last night the hubby and a couple of friends of ours had Friday night fun on a Monday night! We went to open mic night at McGonigal's Mucky Duck here in Houston. It was a blast and as the night wore on the acts got better and better.

Monday nights are Pint & Pie nights so Dave and I had Steak & Mushroom pot pies and our friends ordered Shepherds Pie. They all had beer, but I had a wine based Fuzzy Navel. We also had the Scotch Eggs with a curry dressing for our pub snack and our friends ordered Jalapeno Poppers. The food was so good and the atmosphere pleasing that I could easily see how people could spend most of their time "down at the pub".

We're going back. Next time, I might sing a ditty or read one of my poems. Can't wait!



Well, I finally bought my 4&5 mile dvds from www.lesliesansone.com. I paid full retail, which just about killed me, but it was the only place that carried exactly what I wanted. I WAS rewinding the second mile on the third mile dvd and getting my four miles that way.

Today, I just did the four mile dvd. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! AND IT KICKED MY BUTT!!!!!!! She had us doing double kickbacks, double kneelifts, a grapevine, which actually felt great, and she changed up some of the other moves to give you a really thorough workout.

The first three miles went kind of slow(so it seemed. I think it was because she was working us hard...) and once we got into the fourth mile, it flew by so quickly that I was suprised. It's been an hour and I'm still sweating a little. Whew!

Soon, I'll give the five mile a try, but for now, the four mile is my favourite!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its the funnienst thing i dont get living in the states.... Pub life. In the Uk i would go out to the pub at lunch and eat some pie etc, have a pint. I would go home at night, eat a little, then go to my local pub at about 9. Drink a pint about every 30 mins, hang out with my friends and go home. All my friends are there, mostly the same people every night and a great laugh is had by all.

Here, in Sunny Utah, Pubs are from the devil and its wrong to drink at a bar.. Please help .. send beer and friends. Oh pie and chips would be great too.

9:54 PM  
Blogger M said...

I think part of the mentality in the states is that our country was founded by the Puritans and Refermationists, who tended to be much more conservative in their lifestyle.

Of course, you are in the land of the Mormans who are REALLY conservative in their lifestyle choices. It's not THAT much different here in the Bible Belt, but as a Lutheran, I can have beer or wine if I want to. With moderation, of course.

Get yourself over to Navada, they'll serve you all the booze you can handle. And if you are gambling, the drinks are free. :-)

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Showing off that you can be religious and drink, doesnt win you any points young lady lol

12:31 AM  
Blogger M said...

(hahahaha)All in moderation, all in moderation...

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home