Thursday, November 02, 2006

Looking at Books

I just went through the majority of the boy's books, and some of my own, to check for Accelerated Reader availability. Yea! We have quite a few, so the boy can start right here at home with his own library of books and get those AR points added up.

The kinders have to get 4 points in a 9 week period, which adds up to about a book a week. Awesome! I'm so looking forward to this! He is too. He wants me to put blue dots on his AR books at home so they will be like the books from the school library.

One of the really neat things about this program is that once the kids have read a book and taken the test, they can no longer take that test again, so this encourages them to read on instead of staying with the same book. Also, it tracks their reading level. So exciting!

7 Comments:

Blogger TamWill said...

There is nothing like a good book! Sounds like Owen is excited about it too!

11:04 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yep, he sure is. It's been really neat to see his progress.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

i always loved that idea for reading....we have similar stuff in canada, and I am a firm believer it really does work.

11:18 AM  
Blogger M said...

He's really enjoying it. :-)

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i luv thaat progrum, it tawt me to reed and right

12:29 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Where are you dear? Hope all is well with you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving!

3:58 AM  
Blogger M said...

Lola you're funny!



*now I have the Kinks in my head.*

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home