Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I'm Back to the Walking!

I started walking again today. I started with the 2 mile walk today, not knowing how my lungs would react to the 3 mile walk. I am really glad that I chose to start off slowly. I still got a good workout, but I didn't stress my lungs and my body too much after being so sick. I was still able to recover my breathing when needed and I only coughed a few times and no major coughing fits! Yeah!

Tomorrow I go for, what I hope to be, my last check up with my doc. Wish me luck! :-D

4 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

good luck and it's great that you are back into the swing of things already.

My back prevents me from walking much more than a mile...so I wish I could swap with ya in a way.

10:44 AM  
Blogger M said...

My back was killing me until about 4 weeks after I started walking. I do know that your back situation is ever so much worse than mine. Listen to your body.

Those two miles took FOREVER today. I'm used to walking 5 miles in an hour and this was two miles in 30 minutes. I felt like i was crawling! I can't wait to be released for excercise from my doc!

btw: the shoes that I spent WAY too much money for, were totally worth every penny!

9:41 PM  
Blogger Humour and last laugh said...

How are you now?

4:39 AM  
Blogger M said...

Hi Humor!!

Doing well. My lungs are all clear. Of course, my mil has been feeling poorly, so I haven't had a chance to walk, but she took care of me while I was sick, so now it is my turn. :-) She's feeling better today. :-)

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home