Saturday, August 19, 2006

Well, I Have a Cough

For the last two or three days I've been coughing. It kept me awake last night and the night before, which means two things:
1. I haven't really slept in 72 hours, AND
2. Neither has the hubby.

I feel really bad about keeping him up, but he said that if it was REALLY bothering him that he would have slept in the office. Aw bless his sweet soul.

When we went out last night, we went to Buca Di Beppo and sat in the Frank Sanatra room. I was freezing! We were right under the a/c vent. Usually, I'm fine under the a/c or a fan, in fact, I prefer it; but last night was a different story. Once we started eating, I warmed up a bit (good old metabolism). When we got home, after a scenic tour of the SW-Side (Westheimer/Montrose, Mecom Fountain) I watched a little of What Not to Wear and Cover Shot.

I heaved myself off of the couch and started getting ready for beddy-bye and the chills hit me hard. I raced as quickly as I could to throw on my nightgown (after having taken some meds) and hop into me bed when I realised that I needed to pee. So it was a trek to the bathroom, sitting under the just started blow of the a/c. I was shivering all over. I took care of my business and ran the whole 5 feet to the bed and hopped in. I didn't even take my glasses off, which meant that I would have to brave the cold air and reach out to put them in their case. I was so cold that I was shivering uncontrollably under the covers. Most nights I sleep without blankets or sheets because I'm so hot natured, but last night I actually asked the hubby to turn the a/c one degree higher.

I think the worst of my fever broke sometime during the night while I was hacking away and tossing and turning. Now it is 6-something in the morning and I'm here talking to you when I had hoped to be sleeping. Oh well, such is life. I do feel a little better this morning and the hubby will be back from class after ten am. I know that I should stay home today, but I have some errands to run, including getting some new excercise shoes for my 5 mile walk, which I have only gotten in 3 days this week.

I feel like a bum. I had planned to get caught up this weekend, but I can't breath deeply without coughing, so I will buy my shoes and hope for Monday. Meanwhile, I am taking my Claritin-D (which I had to register with the pharmacy because of the pseudophedrine), Delsym cough suppresant, tylenol for the fever, vitamins and orange juice. I have to sing solo and a cappella tomorrow morning, so wish me luck!

6 Comments:

Blogger serendipity said...

have some honey, melted in hot water with some lemon juice. They always soothes me

hope you feel better soon!!

5:37 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks. I'll have to give the lemon juice a try, but the honey makes me more sick(allergic to pollen). I just sent the hubby to the store with a list for otc products that should help and still allow me the opportunity to get some sleep.

I just checked my temp and it was 100.3F. It doesn't sound too high, but since my normal is 97.6, it's pretty well up there for me.

Thanks for checking in. I'm going to see my doc so he can check for infection.

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok go for the hot toddy. whiskey in hot water. Kids love it and it will cure his cold. I was brought up on it and rarly got sick and I stopped drinking it when I was 6 as I hated the taste.

Gotta love those scottish values on alcholism

Good luck fellow parent

12:54 AM  
Blogger M said...

Well, since I'm the one with the cold, they boy will just have to wait until he gets one to try the hot toddy, which was given to me once as a child. Scottish heritage, you know. ;-)

Thanks!

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

funny how you can read something, get an idea and run with it and ignore the original concept lol.. you can have the hot toddy, without the water and the heat :)

12:48 AM  
Blogger M said...

Ha. :-) Perhaps, I'll pass out long enough to fall asleep. This coughing is driving me nuts!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home