Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Update on MHN

Ok. I feel a bit better. Quite a bit better, actually. I'm still coughing, but it's a lighter cough and not as much gughk is coming up and out, mostly because it is no longer being produced. My doc put me on another med on Friday when I went in for the follow up visit.

Currently I am on an antibiotic, cough suppressant, and two inhalers. The last one he gave me was flovent. That one really made the difference, the other one just allowed the chest to loosen up enough to get the junk out of my lungs.

I'm not wheezing near as bad as I was, but right now I just started a major coughing fit, so who knows...

While my mil and I were at the doctors, we decided to weigh ourselves. She's been battling the same 6 ounces for a month now and is pretty tired of her diet; eventhough she's lost 30 pounds and looks terrific!

I weighed myself and I do believe that I have lost a total of 35 pounds. It makes sense because I've gone down 2 dress sizes, but the other day I tried on my "tight" jeans and they were no longer tight! OH MY GOODNESS!!! I might have gone down another size! I just haven't tried a smaller size on yet. Of course, I just bought a mess of clothes from the Lane Bryant catalog. Figures. Oh well, I'll still be able to wear them for a while until I go down to the next size.

It's pretty exciting because I am only, 4 sizes away from my goal size for next years 20th class reunion. I may turn into that "Biker Babe" yet!

Of course, I haven't been able to walk for the last two weeks because I couldn't breathe. Air is one of those slightly neccesary items you need for, I don't know, LIFE! It's more annoying than anything else. I'm hoping to get back to the 5 miles by the end of next week or the beginning of the week after. I'm sure that I'll have to build back up to it, but it won't take me as long as it did the first time.

Thanks for all of the well wishes and prayers. I needed them. I'm allergic to 3 out of the 4 major antibiotic groups, so it can be potentially deadly when I get this sick. Luckily, my doc is agressive in his treatments. I love him!!

Not much else going on. Type to you all soon. mhn for short.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are sounding better. keep up the meds :)

1:10 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! Will do!

8:49 AM  
Blogger serendipity said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend and congrats on the weight loss!!

10:27 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

You are in my prayers Mhn Congratulations on the downsizing :)

11:26 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! I haven't been this small since Dave & I dated. I never thought I'd see a size 22 much less a size 20. 14 here I come!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home