Saturday, August 26, 2006

Some Changes...

Well, the first change was Dave's ride.

Then I got pneumonia. Fun stuff... I feel like I'm drowning in my own mucus. It's getting a little better, but the doc isn't so happy. I go back again, on Tuesday. I went in this week on Wednesday & Friday.

I am no longer watching kids in my home on a daily basis. The sweet little baby that I've been watching for almost a year had a feeding tube put in and his mom gave me an option to not have to watch him anymore.

It's alot to have to be responsible for and I didn't feel like I could do it. She said from the time that she was told a feeding tube would be needed that if I decided that I couldn't do it, she would understand.

Now that I've been so sick, it's a really good thing that I gave up that responsibilty. I would have been horrified if I gave that sweet little baby pneumonia. It would have surely killed him.
As usual, God knows what he is doing, timewise.

A really strange thing happened. Pretty much our family has been on an upswing. The hubby put his name in on a drawing at work. Instead of raises, (I guess) they a re giving away big prizes. Well, the hubby won a 32 inch lcd flat panel TV. I've been in shock since Wednesday. He brought it home on Friday and hooked it up. We'll have to get a new entertainment center to hold the thing, but it's really nice.

We've been watching the same 19 inch tv for almost 16 years and were thinking about a new flat panel. They were too expensive for us, so we thought we'd wait until the price went down to $600 for the 27 inch tv's. We waited it out and I'm glad that the hubby talked me out of buying a new tv. Who'da thunk it?

Once again, God took care of us. We are so blessed to have all that we do, materially and the relationships that we have. I truly believe that people are put into your life at certain times for certain reasons. I love you all and hope that you are blessed by knowing me, as I am blessed by knowing you.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is it that you are a blogger that i have just started responding to yet Im concerned about how sick you have been?

Keep getting well and use the 32" therapy as much as you can :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger M said...

I'm resting as much as possible, through the help of my husband and my mother in law. Bless them both to the highest heavens! I'm feeling a bit better. Although, this afternoon I took a shower and I almost passed out. I really should be eating more, but I'm just not hungry. Oh well, have milk, will travel.

9:12 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Crkey, a 32 incher!

What with big Jap bikes and flat screens made in Korea you're becoming all oriental.

Have a Chinese take out to celebrate, but ask them to go light on the msg.

4:35 PM  
Blogger pissoff said...

Take it easy in front of the big screen and get better MHN (I almost called you MSN - it must be the TV).

Send me some luck for the PNE Home.

9:16 PM  
Blogger M said...

I know. It's the nicest thing we've gotten since we bought my car, which was our very first "new" auto purchase. I still look at the thing and can't believe that we have one in our house.

Thanks April! Sending good luck and blessings your way!

7:39 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

That is great about the TV Wow-we!

Are you following Doctor's orders to a T? Get well soon! You are so right...GOD is GREAT!

5:29 PM  
Blogger darl said...

"Then I got pneumonia. Fun stuff.."

Ouch. I"m sorry to hear that. Get well soon--at least you have a nice flat panel to watch while you recover :)

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home