Monday, September 18, 2006

How Long Has It Been?

How long has it been since I last posted? It has been a while. In fact, it's been since I found out that my beloved mil is moving 5 1/2 hours away. We are sad and disappointed, but she has to go be with my fil and that is only right and proper.

The fil has been working contract for about 6 months and was offered a permanent position. So this is good for them. He'll have benefits and time off with pay and a regular schedule. Also, he's planning on working up there for the next 5 years, so they are selling their house and have found a place that they like.

The boy is having a tough time trying to reconcile his feelings and we are working on that everyday. He keeps asking me if I love him. I tell him yes and that I always will love him. He told me today that he thinks that if I get mad at him that I will leave forever. I asked him if that's what he thought was happening with his grandparents and he said yes. He's angry with the Gpts., but he doesn't want to be. I told him that they weren't angry with him and their moving had nothing to do with him. I also told him that his Gammie & Papa would rather stay here, but if Papa didn't work, that they couldn't have a place to live, food to eat, see their doctors, etc. He seemed to understand, but he still is insecure. I can tell that this is going to take some time for him to absorb, no matter how smart he is. The heart wants what the heart wants.

The upside of this situation is that the fil won't have to work weekends anymore, so maybe they will be down here more often than we thought. :-) Soccer is coming up, so I'll be sending them his schedule. Maybe they won't miss as much as I thought they might. Also, he'll be able to spend weekends or weeks when school is out. That will be something he hasn't really gotten to do before. He'll enjoy that.

So anyway, if you think about it, say a prayer for the boy and his grandparents.

Thanks. mhnforshort.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ship Creak said...

When they're that young, they dont really understand yet and because they've always been around, it'll take time for him to adjust, but given time he'll be fine. and he will realise that they're missing him as much as he's missing them

Mrs Ship

12:25 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

It will be a difficult adjustment for everyone. Growth comes from changes, now he can pack a suitcase now and then and in between he can write letters or make cards. I am sure he will look forward to receiving his own mail.

I will pray for all of you during this sad change.

7:45 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Ladies. :-) Now that his handwriting is getting better, I'm sure that he will want to write them letters and send them e-mails and such. Hopefully the hubby will be able to attend more of the soccer games and will be filming them. We can send them movies. :-)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I remember when my gramma, who was more like a mom to me, had to move out (she lived with us from the time I was born till I was 11). In a very real way, it was teh first death I'd ever experienced because things were never the same again. I hope that your family doesn't let that happen like mine did. I think it's my biggest regret that I didn't continue the relationship, but it was hard as an 11 year old.

4:39 PM  
Blogger M said...

That's pretty much how my neice is with my folks. They went so far as to adopt her when she was 15.

We plan on staying close with Gam & Pop.

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, continuity will keep this right

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home