Monday, July 11, 2005

Daily Wisdom

I thought this one was interesting.... love to you all! m.

Great Escapes
- July 11, 2005

"God is ready to help you right now. Today is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 2 :16

I suppose the most famous escape artist of our time was The Great Houdini. He was internationally known for his escapes from bonds of every sort- locks, handcuffs, straitjackets, and sealed chests underwater. He would mesmerize people galore with his feats of escaping seemingly impossible situations.

The Bible has many accounts of great escapes in the Old as well as the New Testament. King David escaped death many times, once when his wife, Mical, helped him escape through a window.(I Samuel 19:12) Jonah escaped out of the belly of a whale (Jonah 1:17,2:10) and Daniel escaped the terrorizing attack of lions. (Daniel 6:16-22) In the New Testament we learn that Paul escaped in a basket over a wall (Acts 9:25), Paul and Silas escaped out of prison (Acts 5;19) and Peter escaped condemnation from Jesus as he denied him three times. (Luke 2:34).

Those who are Christians have also had a great escape. Thanks be to God and His wonderful Son, we have escaped a life separated from God. The bridge has been crossed and the chasm of sin no longer separates us from the Lord God Almighty. Jesus came, lived, died (with our sins embedded in Him), then arose from the dead so that we would be reunited with God in the same manner Adam and Eve were before the fall. How blessed we are. It is our privilege and responsibility to share this good news with others. Let's start today, asking God where He would like us to share the story about our own personal "great escape."

Contributed by Marion Smith.

8 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

my boss is in Houston right now! How's the weather? You guys get any of that Hurricane catching you?

11:32 AM  
Blogger M said...

Hot and humid, nothing new there. We totally missed the hurricane. In fact, folks from the eastern gulf coast are coming here for shelter. Good boost for the economy, bad for their lives. :-|

12:24 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

ah, that's what I get for not watching the news today....shucks...thanks for the
inspiration today. That was nice.

1:34 PM  
Blogger M said...

You are more than welcome. :-)

2:17 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Thanks for the good read, I enjoy your blog!

4:25 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! I'm enjoying yours as well. :-) So, are you ever going to do the meme?

6:46 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

I FINALLY got around to doing it..so it is now posted. Thanks for linking me..I am not computer savvy like you, how do you do all this?? I read your blog just about every day..very enjoyable. lol Tammy

9:20 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks. I just click and click and stuff happens. Actually, I live with my own personal "Geek Squad". My husband knows about all the HTML stuff, so I bug him anytime I don't understand the book. I read your meme. very interesting. :-)

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home