Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I'm Nobody! Who Are You?

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us -don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!


These words are so modern, yet they were written by Emily Dicksinson around 1850. I wonder what Emily would think of this day and age. She became a recluse and devoted all of her time to poetry and writing.

Coincidently about the same time that the Romantic era in music came into being. Follow the link, if you would like and listen to some samplings of Romantic Era music.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

what true words written by her! I have heard this before but hadn't realized it was her writing. I too love the romantic period. I studied classical violin for nearly 6 years before giving it up. Schubert was one of my favourites ;-)

11:48 AM  
Blogger M said...

Amazing! Do you still have your violin? I like Shubert too.

1:57 PM  
Blogger M said...

Welcome Sparrow. Glad you found us! Hopefully, we won't be too naughty for you. I'll work to clean it up. Come back anytime!

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home