Friday, April 21, 2006

When It Rains, It Pours

This morning I was awakened by some gnarly weather. Lighting, thunder and heavy rain swept through our area for about and hour and a half. I really thought that at one point I might have to call the fire department because of the lightening being so close to the house. I was sure that my house would catch fire. The boy was scared half to death by all the racket. David had wanted to take my car at 5 am this morning to go to work. I'm glad that I agreed. He asked before the storm started. Smart guy, always checking the weather before he heads out. :-)

The power went out for a short time, but at least my flower beds were well watered, especially since I didn't get to it yesterday. :-)



Well, a week ago, I bumped up my two mile walk to a three mile walk at least 5 days a week. I'm really enjoying it and have found that if I miss a day, like yesterday, I get grumpy. A grumpy Dreamer is not someone that ANYBODY wants to be around. I'll be walking later this morning. I've been pretty pleased with how fast my body is responding to the exercise. I'm shaping up quite nicely. The hubby is enjoying the benefits of my labour as well. I guess the boy is too, since I haven't fallen over with a heart attack at any of the practices or games. That's a good thing, right? That WAS the whole point of walking, to get in shape to be able to keep up with the kiddos.

The mil and I have to make desserts today for a LWML Zone Rally that is been hosted by our church on Sautrday morning. It should be fun to get to spend some time cooking with her. I'm so fortunate that my mil is not only a great mom, but a wonderful friend as well.

Well, I better get a move on. The day is waiting and I don't want to miss it!!

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger serendipity said...

I hate the rain too. It's been raining here for days and days on end

8:23 AM  
Blogger Jacob Spradlin said...

I swear that it thundered all night up in Huntsville.

9:26 AM  
Blogger M said...

I actually love it when it rains, it's just that this storm was really loud.

Yep, I saw the dopplar radar, Huntsville caught it today.

12:25 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Great job with the walking!

The weather was a bit frightening here in Conroe as well.

Mother in laws make wonderful friends, I love mine too!

Have a happy and glorious weekend :O)

9:37 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! I'll be going on a girls only weekend for the first time since i've been married. I'm pretty excited!

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home