Saturday, December 30, 2006

What Our Christmas Cookies and Tree Looked Like

So this year the boy was all about Santa. Yes, he still knows that Jesus is the main guy, but this year we saw The Polar Express and I read the book, with ALL the voices, to his Kindergarten class before school let out for winter break. So he was really excited about Santa this year.

I decided that since the boy and I would be home together, we'd make iced sugar cookies. This is what we came up with.
Christmas Cookie Group
The Christmas cookies, one of each style.

Texas cookie has a silver droge, so that Santa will remember where he is.
Texas Cookie

Tree cookie, so pretty yet easy to do.
Tree

Snowflake cookie. These were my favourite to decorate.
Snow Flake

The Candy Cane. An upsidedown "J" for Jesus
DSC00340

I loved how these stocking cookies turned out.
Joy Stocking cookie

The star cookie really was that sparkly. :-)
Sparkly Star

Here are a few shots of the Christmas Tree, some with a flash and some without so you could see the glow behind the red bows. I just love that!
O Christmas Tree

C. T. Close up

Christmas Tree 2006

CT up close

I hope you enjoyed looking at the pictures. If you have any questions on how to decorate cookies, let me know and I'll be happy to share the technique. :-)

Happy New Year!

4 Comments:

Blogger Ship Creak said...

And a happy new year to you, too.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Psychedelic cookies.

I like.

Happy New Year.

6:17 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thank you, thank you!

8:08 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Awe how beautiful! I love that Texas Cookie and the Upside down J for JESUS and the snowflake! How did you decorate them?

Your Tree is beautiful. What a decorator you are! lovely

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home