Saturday, August 13, 2005

This Morning

Well, I thought I'd write about something important this morning, but things just flew right on out of my head. There seems to be a craze of sharing 100 things about yourself on the net. I think I might give it a stab, not feeling terribly original this morning. Got kicked out of bed too early by, Dave, Owen and the 23 pound cat. Had to finish my sleepy-time on the futon. sigh...

So anyway the 100 things you probably knew, didn't want to know or don't really give a crap;-) about me. herewego!
1. I am a direct descendant from Charlemagne and Oliver Wendell Holmes.
2. I am a Christian.
3. I am a wife and mother.
4. I have a biting wit and a sick sense of humour.
5. I like to spell in the British English way.
6. I have brown hair that grows REALLY FAST!
7. Sometimes I can be so intense that I make people nervous or scared (trying to work on that).
8. I love my husband and son with all my heart, mind and every fibre of my being.
9. I can sing like nobody's business!
10. I'm a good actor and can dance pretty well.
11. I like the color pink. Soz Tina, it looks really good on me.
12. I am addicted to blogging.
13. I love to watch the Nickleodian cartoon "Danny Fantom". God help us all...
14. I love kids, especially teenagers.
15. Eventhough Owen is in the house with me, I am lonely much of the time.
16. I have 2 sisters and 2 nieces(one was adopted by my parents, so she's a sister legally, but she'll always be my niecy-poo) and 1 great niece.
17. Growing up, when we took a family photo, we would call it Charlie's Harem, because my parents had only girls.
18. I taught myself how to swim.
19. My husband rides a scooter and I think he looks sexy on it!
20. I haven't spoken to my parents since Paul died, about 1.5 months.
21. My new favourite show is Miami Ink on TLC Tuesdays at 9pm Central.
22. I want a tattoo that has a butterfly for my faith, a ladybug-because that's what my mil calls me and a Peace rose- because that's my mother's favourite flower.
23. I LOVE MILK!
24. Sometimes I just look at the computer screen and think.
25. I am a perfectionist and therefore, I don't get much done.
26. I try not to hold other people up to my personal standards.

27. When I was younger I hardly had any blemishes on my skin. Now that I've had Owen, I get them all the time. What's up with that???
28. I've been thinking about buying Proactive for a longtime.
29. I am a planner.
30. I love talking to people, but don't like calling them.
31. I have written several songs and children's books.
32. Someday, I will get them recorded or published.
33. I don't give myself enough credit for being a smart, effective, intelligent person.
34. The laundry area is in our garage. I hate it.
35. It's out of control!
36. I try my best to be a good wife and mother and often feel that I fall far short of my goals.
37. My husband never complains about me and I'm the luckiest woman in the world!
38. I don't get my dishes washed everyday.
39. I gripe way too much in my house.
40. Sometimes, my kid irritates the shit out of me. Does that make me a bad mother???
41. It sometimes alarms me that I can be incredibly attracted to other men.
42. But I always prefer my husband.
43. I am not a jealous person.
44. I love the phrase, "Dripping with disdain." I think it sounds good.
45. I love to say the words, Bocephus, outstanding!, Rufus and smashing!
46. I love to roller skate, not on in-lines, but with quads!!
47. When I win the Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes I'm gonna build my own private roller rink and skate all day long!
48. I've been entering the PCH sweepstakes online everyday in hopes of winning. Don't think i will, but it couldn't hurt to try.
49. I hate money. If I could, I'd barter for everything. I'll happily sing you a song for those groceries!
50. I am at the midway of this post and need to stop so I can do the !@#$%^& laundry!
51. My favourite church service is a funeral. To me it is a beginning, not an ending.
52. When I was a child, my mother's house was haunted and I saw 3 ghosts fully realised.
53. I see spirits to this day and know when a friendly or harmful spirit is near.
54. I hate this gift. It scares me.
55. I pray for God to take them away and he does.
56. I have ears large enough to keep my hair tucked behind them, but not so large that I look like Dumbo.
57. Dave & I saw the LORD OF THE RINGS exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science yesterday and it was FANTASTIC!
58. I give my heart too easily.
59. I need to wash my car.
60. I try to make my bed everyday and do most days.
61. I named by orange tabby cat after one of my daycare kids.
62. I worked in day cares for 7 1/2 years, all ages.
63. We used to fit 15 people in a minivan regularly.
64. I sell AMWAY!
65. I give voice lessons and am going to branch out in public speaking lessons as well.
66. I love to be on stage and speak, sing or act in front of people. The bigger the crowd, the better I like it!
67. I am a child of God, and whether you realise it or not, you are too.
68. I love all of the people I have gotten to know thus far on the ether.
69. I can't believe that I've gotten this far on this list...
70. My husband was my first and only, and vice versa for him.
71. I like it that way.
72. I decorate cakes and cookies and they always turn out very tasty and most of the time you can't see any mistakes! :-) WooHoo!
73. I love to cross stitch!
74. My husband made some saki, I tried it and it kicked my butt!
75. I played spades (card game) for a semester at college and get a 1.33 accumulative average. Parents were pissed.
76. The next semester I made a 3.85 accumulative average. Knew I had it in me. Besides, I had to keep the scholarship.
77. Sometimes I wish that I had magical powers to make things happen. Wishful thinking...
78. I love to hear Owen sing along with his VeggieTales in the car.
79. I am proud for David that he's going back to school to get a degree in English. I hope this time, this course of study will make him happy. Lord knows Electronics Technology didn't do it... pays the bills for now.
80. I love to hang with our friends Shane & Trina and their collective family.
81. I think my favourite people in the world are the ones I live with.
82. If faith is the belief in things unseen, then I have a whole lotta FAITH! :-)
83. I enjoy a good philosophical discussion.
84. Sometimes, I wish I could be a kid again.
85. I always try to stay positive. It takes too much energy to be negative.
86. I love to listen to old recordings of Julie Andrews and Karen Carpenter.
87. The Gershwin's wrote music for my voice.
88. People have told me that I have a voice like an angel.
89. Dave says my voice is smooth like butterscotch and rich like velvet.
90. I've signed up for a blogger add on that will allow me to leave a voice recording on my blog. I will sing for you and let you be the judge.
91. I procrastinate.
92. I love to stand outside and watch the rain, thunder and lightning.
93. Rainbows still excite me.
94. I love to use the English language descriptively.
95. The most beautiful sight in nature to me is a dark grey sky with trees that are lit from behind where I am standing, so that it looks like the green leaves are lit from within. The grey and green contrast is breath taking. Does that make sense???
96. I am extremely attracted to men with dark hair, dark eyes and fair skin with some facial hair. mmmm. Tasty...
97. I married a blonde haired, blue eyed German! Who'd a thunk it? He's tasty too.... ;-)
98. I enjoy all aspects of my husband and like men in general. I get along better with men than I do women.
99. It doesn't bother me that men have sex on the brain 96-98.5% of the time. It's just the way they are wired.
100. Here we are at a hundred. I'd like to say that just because a woman may be a "bigger girl", it doesn't mean that she can't have sex appeal. Not trashy, sexy. It's mostly a mental attitude anyway.


So there it is. I hope that I didn't bore you. It's taken a while, what with the laundry breaks and such. Now I will go take a shower and prepare for the day with the fam. Love to you all! m.

16 Comments:

Blogger garfer said...

You actually like teenagers? I'm afraid I regard them as semi house trained polecats.
I would like to see a ghost. My mother and other members of my family have seen them.

2:19 PM  
Blogger M said...

Yep, I do. For some strange reason unbeknownst to me, I get teenagers and they like me.

It's not quite as much fun seeing a ghost as you might think. I do think the ability runs in families. If you open your mind or don't dismiss the shadow that just ducked around the corner, then you'll probably see a ghost.

There is one in my hometown that shows himself to me every once in a while. He's a nice old black man. Like from the 1940's or '50's. He's always a t the same street corner wearing the same outfit. He's there and then he's gone. He's not mean or scary. I think he's just stuck. Dave saw him too once.

3:23 PM  
Blogger thordora said...

more on the ghosts. While I've never seen any, and the thought of my mother hanging around during...you know....weirds me out, I'm really interested in the whole thing....I know I can "feel" if there is energy in a house, but I've never seen anything...and my feelings could be my own head...

PLEASEPLEASE a post on the ghosts....

and I found my 100 so FUCKING HARD.....I don't know why I thought I'd do it...

6:30 PM  
Blogger Martha said...

28. I hear great things about this!

29. omg me too wish my husband would understand it!

34. I have about 12 loads waiting to be done and I am just sick over it!

52. I grew up in a huanted house and saw many ghosts!


Good List! I learned all kinds of new things!!

7:08 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks for all the kind comments and your patience getting through that list. It took me forever to do it, but in the end I'm glad that I did.

I will probably post about the whole "Ghost Thing" later this week. Love to you all! m.

12:06 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

I rather enjoyed that mhn... I always find those interesting.

I have a ghost in my house. I wrote about it ages ago when I was under "spaces."

7:40 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks April. I'll have to look at it. Is it on your blog in the archives? I'm gonna look right now. :-)

7:53 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

No...when I started blogging I was using MSN spaces. I wrote about it on that page. I'll try to find the link. I never go there any more.

8:20 AM  
Blogger pissoff said...

http://spaces.msn.com/members/ilovemyneighbours/

This was my original site MHN....My haunting is posted there.

8:35 AM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Funny mhn..I too was always attracted to men with dark hair and eyes...yet I married a blonde with green eyes! :O)

9:06 AM  
Blogger Rowan said...

I too have been haunted, I think I'll post about it soon. It was frightening for 2 1/2 years. I wasn't the only one who experienced it, when I moved it stopped. some think it's madness, some think it was noisy neighbours, but I know otherwise as do those who've seen.

I love these 100 things about me, but I've afraid of trying, not enough for me to tell I'm afraid.

Can't wait to hear you sing!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Sniffy said...

Pink.

Dear oh dear.

I'll get back to you on the rest.

Pink!

4:38 PM  
Blogger M said...

As you saw on the list, I knew you'd have an issue with that one.

I look forward to your recovery and hear what you think about the rest.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Don't forget our current house has had visitors. Remember that night the lamp went on at around midnight? Freaky deaky, man...

7:55 PM  
Blogger M said...

Oh yeah, i'll be telling that one. And of the "shadows" that travel into owen's room and why we say the prayer over him nightly that we do.

8:08 PM  
Blogger M said...

Tammy~
Isn't it funny how it works out that way?

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home