Thursday, April 27, 2006

Let the Torture Commence

This was my thought as I entered the dressing room at Wal-Mart this morning. I am going on a trip this weekend with a pack of ladies from church to our friends' house on Matagorda Bay. I was on the lookout for a



swimsuit. :-0

I tried on 4 suits and found #3 to be satisfactory.

I also bought some toiletries and a few games to occupy our time. The games I'm bringing will be Texas Hold 'Em poker, Bunko, Phase 10 and plain playing cards. We'll also be bringing our quilting stuff to work on while we are there. Hopefully, we'll get the majority of the quilt for our pastor's daughters wedding finished this weekend. I need to start the cross stitch block showing who worked on the quilt. I really should have it done by the time we get to Port Alto. Better get moving, still have to finish laundry, pack, go to choir , and, and, and...

4 Comments:

Blogger garfer said...

Watch it with Texas hold 'em. Next thing you know you'll have gambled the farm on one of them there internet gambling sites.

It's a slippery slope.

2:58 PM  
Blogger M said...

One of the nice things in the past was that I was the same size for years on end, so I only had to buy a suit when the last one died. Now that I've started walking, the new suit I bought last year is falling off or rather, things are not covered up appropriately. I really like the one that I purchased today. It covers what needs to be covered and shows what can be passable.

Whoo Hoo! There goes the farm!!! (smelled of "natural" fertilizer anyway...)

5:43 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

Sounds like you are going to have a blast in Matagorda! Good for you!
I wish I was there...I enjoy playing Phase 10 :O)

8:35 AM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks! We do too. Now if I could only figure out were the hubby put the cards we'd be doing just peachy!

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home