Monday, January 22, 2007

Weeeeeee-Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I think that the suit did the trick!

What is this crazy person blathering on about you may be asking?

I GOTS ME A JOB!!!!!!!! Yee Haw! Finalement!!

I start at the end of the month. I'm so incredibly happy right now. I can finally help the hubby out with the finances. He's been struggling under the strain of taking care of us for years now. So now that the boy is in school, I've been casually looking for a job and intensified the search these last two weeks and one stuck. Thanks be to the Creator!

I'll be working in the energy industry as a receptionist for an international conglomerate. Yeah! The hours are regular business hours and it is only 16 minutes away from the boys' school.

We just signed the boy up for afterschool care. He's excited to get to play with more kids and for us the price was reasonable and it is a national childcare chain with Judeo-Christian core beliefs, which is important to us.

I haven't felt this light about our financial situation since before I started working at my last job which was back in 1998.

Also, I put my car in the shop today. Hopefully, it won't take more than a few days to hunt down what is wrong with the car. Then we will have my baby back in good working order and we can drive it for a few more years.

We'll have to take it easy on my pay for a little bit. I'll have to pay back the hubbys' school account for the repair on the car and for the daycare start up expenses, then after that, I'll be able to start paying down the debt and putting some back for savings. I can't wait!!

I know that the hubby is looking forward to having help paying the bills. Now he can concentrate on regular work hours and not have to work any overtime which dips into his study time. The most important thing that I think he needs to do is make good grades.

Actually, his grades have gone up quite nicely since he got his new ride a while back. He's managed to get his GPA above a 3.0 for the overall GPA. I'm really proud of him. He's been working so hard at work and school. It is really my pleasure to take some of the financial responsiblity off his shoulders. I guess that's why God made helpmates.

Anyway, that's all I have to report for now. (I think this is the most I've said in a while...)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn fool.

Don't you realise that this entails waking up to the hideous realisation that you have to go out and WORK.

Congrats anyway. Dollars are always useful. You can buy Dave a new scooter.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn fool!

You do realise that this will entail waking up each day knowing that you will have to WORK.

Congratulations anyway. I'm sure the dollars will come in handy. You can buy Dave a new scooter.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

congratulations daphne....you're right, throw enough s**t and something sticks.

Bravo!

Welcome to administrative world (arrgghhh!)

But seriously, it isn't at all a bad living is it?

12:48 PM  
Blogger M said...

Garfer-
The hubby says he's still holding out for that Vespa. :-)


Thanks Rowan. I'm really looking forward to this. Yeee Haw!

Actually, I'll be going back to the administrative world AND to a company that is willing to pay me well enough. Not too shabby a deal. It's sweet, I used to work for companies in which I would have to keep track of 400-800 people. There are only about 50-60 in this office and they pay better than the other companies that I used to work for. Seriously, I think that I'm getting thte better end of it, even if I do have to get up earlier.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations M. I think that's great news and it will be a big load of stress coming off your shoulders!

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats fantastic news, well done!!

3:42 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hey Kyah & Sweet S!

Thank you! I'm really looking forward to not having to ration gasoline and being able to visit my family and the in-laws when we want to. :-)

It is so much a relief that my psoriasis that has settled just under my nose is starting to go away. THANK GOODNESS!

4:38 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

I am very happy for you, Dave and Owen. Congrats Dear you deserve it :O)

9:11 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Tammy! I've almost got all of the laundry finished and the new shirt that I bought washes well, (doesn't come out of the dryer all wrinkled!) Yea!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home