Saturday, February 17, 2007

So, How Do You Use this Check Thingie Again?

I have forgotten how to write a check. Oh my goodness. I thought that I would never be able to forget how to write a check. They taught us how to do that in the seventh grade for Heaven's sake. Oh please...

I'm trying to pay the Tax Assesor-Collector as much as we can and I realise that I wrote XXXX-hundred Dollars and no cents instead of X thousand - X hundred dollars and no cents on the line. Then, I manage to put the thing in the envelope without writing the account number on the "For" line. I put "property tax" in that space. Of course, I rectified that mistake by jotting the account number above my lovely little note. Geeze, it must have been too long since I have written a check!

It's a good thing they have the little "reminders" on the back of the envelope.

11 Comments:

Blogger TD said...

They taught you how to write checks in the seventh grade? Wow. Now that one I don't remember.

I always look at people who write checks and wonder why. But then, I work in retail and can't understand writing checks in a store.

Good to see you're still at it MHN and happy about the siver hairs.

11:22 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks. Glad to see you come by and visit. :-D

6:45 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Always use plastic. You never have to pay for stuff.

Brilliant.

10:34 PM  
Blogger Rowan said...

yeah, I bet if I had to write a check today I'd have trouble remembering too, they didn't teach us to fill out a cheque till grade 10 though here. I write cheques weekly at work though, but my personal cheques? almost never.

12:57 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

I am behind times...4 shore! I only write checks and the few times that I pay with plastic, they always have to show me how to slide it thru! Go figure!

But I hate writing the one for the Tax Assessor, I start getting nervous about it in October YIKES!

9:07 PM  
Blogger mollo said...

LOL I have to order a whole new box of checks....and I'll probably be moving in a little while anyway...stinks!

8:09 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hey Guys!

Garfer, we'd have to pay for it eventually. We are living proof. :-p

Checks, bah!

The worst really IS to the tax collector, although ours is a pretty decent guy.

Hey Mollo!! Where ya movin' to?

6:44 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Happy St Paddys Michelle.

I've taken up tax exile.

4:26 PM  
Blogger M said...

Happy St Paddys to you too! What is tax exile?

4:11 PM  
Blogger serendipity said...

have u disappeared from the blogosphere?

1:02 PM  
Blogger TamWill said...

WHERE O WHERE ART THOU?

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home