Monday, May 01, 2006

As You Can See, I'm Back!

We had a wonderful time at our friends house on the Carauncua Bay. There were nine ladies and 2 babies. We watched Chocolat Friday night and Xanadu Saturday night. We had the occasional strawberry margarita and pina colada. We had bible studies and worked on the quilt. Took walks in the neighborhood, gathered shells on the shore, visited with each other and had a very pleasant weekend. I can't wait to go back. Our friend said that she'd be open to having this be a yearly thing. I know that I'd love it!

Owens' Test

Dave said that he stayed in the testing area for the full time that they allowed for the test(45 minutes to 1 hour). That's a pretty good sign. The kids who are not up to the task are usually brought out early. We couldn't get too much information out of him about the questions they asked, but it was apparent to me from what little he DID say, that they engaged him in conversation and was able to get other information out of him besides just what they were testing for. We should have the results by May 8 or so. I'm nervous and a little scared because it's not enough for him to do well on the test. He has to be agreed upon by a committee. I hope he does well. Please pray for us. The school he is zoned for is crap and we can't afford private school.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rowan said...

you are all indeed in my prayers.

This retreat sounds like heaven, can I come?

2:17 PM  
Blogger garfer said...

Sounds like you have similar schools to us. Live in the right postcode (zip code)area and you get a good state school. Failing that you have to go private, if you can afford it.

Do pina coladas assist in the quilt making process?

4:59 PM  
Blogger M said...

Thanks Rowan. It was 'heaven'. It's funny because they named it "H***** Haven". :-)


Garfer~
not really, about the time of the Pina Colada was when I started getting confused. Good thing my friend had me make a map of the quilt before we started cutting fabric!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home